In the Cosmetic & Plastic Surgery Recovery Treatment Training you will learn:
Just how important the Lymphatic System is during every stage of postop recovery
The lymphatic system plays a vital role in every aspect of a persons recovery after surgery. Not only is it responsible for removing swelling. But it is also the key player in wound healing, scar formation and fibrosis. Throughout the training, you will see it weaving its way into each module and by the end, you will understand just how important this amazing system is to you and your patients.
All about the current phenomonen Fibrosis. What EXACTLY is it and how & why does it occur?
If you are already working with postop patients, you will no doubt have come across fibrosis. And if you haven't yet, you soon will. In this training you will learn what it is, why is occurs and how your patient can best avoid it (and how you as a therapist can work with it). There is A LOT more to this current phenomenon, than meets the eye. And, there is a LOT of misinformation out there about it. But, during this training you learn the TRUTH about this increasingly common postop issue.
Plus EVERYTHING you need to gain success in working with postop patients.
You have access to an IMMENSE amount of information in this training. We cover everything from how the lymphatic system is affected during and after surgery, the delicate and often complicated phases of wound healing, the complications you might encounter with your patients. And, I share with you my treatment protocols for each plastic surgery procedure so you have successful outcomes for your patients.FIND OUT MORE
You + This Postop Recovery Treatment training = everything you need for success with postop patients!
- Are you a Manual lymphatic drainage therapist working with postop patients but feel scared that your treatments might NOT be benefiting your patients?
- Do you lack confidence in your knowledge and skills and fear that you might do something wrong?
- Do you want to have a diary booked out and not worry where your next patient is coming from?
In this training you get everything you need to work confidently and safely with postop patients. You can say goodbye to confusion and overwhelm and a BIG hello to clarity and confidence, knowing the treatments you provide are optimising recovery. Not compromising it. And, because of this, you will have a fully booked diary and regular referrals from the top plastic and cosmetic surgeons in your area!
Feel Confident and Clear, instead of dubious and doubtful
- Move from doubt to confidence in a couple of months. By doing this training, you bypass the 20 years I spent gathering all this knowledge and information that I'm sharing with you now.
- Gain clarity and understanding of every part of the patient's recovery. On completion of this program, you will have gained in-depth knowledge of the effect specific surgical procedures have on your patient and how best to treat them based on scientific evidence.
- Build a successful business with repeat customers and regular referrals from top surgeons. Every therapist wants a thriving business! And one that survives the challenges life often throws at us. Being a specialist in treating postop patients means top surgeons will trust you and refer their patients to you. PLUS, patients will tell their friends about the amazing treatment they've just had with you.
A Note From Petra...
When I started out working with postop patients, I didn't know what I was doing! Yes, I knew how to do Manual Lymph Drainage. But I had no idea how to work with postop patients. I often felt like a fraud, pretending to know what I was talking about. I was often scared that what I was doing wasn't actually helping. I would leave work wondering if my treatments had been detrimental to that patient.
But, as the years have passed, I have gained experience and knowledge from working alongside specialists in varying fields of expertise, from clincial nurse specialists, wound care specialists and fellow lymphoedema therapists, to consultant dermatologists, oncologists, vascular surgeons and plastic and reconstructive surgeons.
Now, I want to share ALL that combined knowledge and experience with YOU! Let me help you reduce that fear you feel when you see someone who has suffered immense trauma after surgery. Let me help you gain confidence and guide you on your journey into the postop industry so you achieve success and become a leading light in treating postop patients.
By doing this training, you bypass the 20 years I spent gathering all this valuable information. In a couple of months time you will no longer feel fear and doubt. Instead you will be knowledgeable and confident the treatments you give are safe and benefiting your patients.
What you get...
- 9 Modules broken down into 67 individual video lessons
- 20 downloadable, PDFs to support each module
- Additional Scientific Study PDF's for cross referencing
- 9 x 45 minute weekly group coaching call (V.I.P. Option)
- 6 month direct contact via WhatsApp (V.I.P. Option)
- BONUSES (value £1250):
- Module on Supporting our Lipoedema patients pre & postoperatively
- Module on Using the LymphaTouch device
- Module on Business & Marketing
- Templates for business and marketing
- Extra resources to share with your patients: audios, recipes, exercise demo videos
- Access to a dedicated Postop Therapist community
- Discount on in-person workshops (V.I.P. Option)
Let's get started!
#1- Book your 30 minute video call to discuss your needs
It's important for me to know that the training is the right fit for you, and vice versa. During the call you get an opportunity to find out more about the training program and I'll give you a tour of the platform to show you what's included. We will discuss your needs and look at which option would suit you best. There is NO hard sell for you to buy there and then. And, if I don't think the training is right for you, I'll let you know.
#2- You decide which option fits you best
You might decide there and then that you want to go ahead. Or, you might want to take some time and think it over. Whichever is OK with me. Once you've made your decision, I'll send you Terms & Conditions along with a link to a checkout page where you make payment. You can do this in one payment. Or depending on which option you choose, up to three consecutive monthly payments.
#3- Email access for the training, with options to book 1:1 online video calls
When you make payment, you will receive an email with your login details to your own, personal training portal. And, if you've gone for the V.I.P. option, this is when you book your one-to-one video calls. Then, you're ready to go and start on your journey in postop training.
By the time you finish your training, you will no longer be a 'one-size-fits-all' treatment provider. You will have gained confidence to know the treatments you provide are 100% safe for your patients. Enhancing and optimising their recovery. Not compromising it!
You will now be able to formulate bespoke treatment plans based on what surgery your patient had, what stage of wound healing they are at and their individual presentation. No more feelings of doubt and wondering if what you are doing is OK. With my support and the support of the community, you will soon known as the 'go-to' expert postop treatment provider.
How do I know if I'm ready?
Perfect for you if:
- You are an MLD therapist and want to be an expert in treating postop patients
- You want a training specifically for therapists working with cosmetic and plastic surgery patients
- You are overwhelmed by all the information on the internet and want clarity on what is correct
- You find yourself lacking the confidence to know that the treatments you provide are safe
- You want to build a thriving business and avoid burnout
Not for you if:
- You have not done any MLD or lymphatic massage training
- You are not willing to take advice and be coachable
- You do not want to invest in yourself and your success
- You are not ready to take the necessary steps to move your business to the next level
- You want to keep procrastinating, being unproductive and staying where you are now, without moving forward
- You already think you know it all and think there is nothing else to learn
Let's take a look at what's inside
Module 1: Anatomy & Physiology
Module 2: The Wound Healing Process
Module 3: Scar Formation & Types of Scars
Module 4: Fibrosis: What is it, How it Occurs, How to avoid it
Module 5: Getting to Know Plastic Surgery Procedures
Module 6: Complex & Common Complications
Module 7: Compression
Module 8: Getting Ready For Your Patient
Module 9: Treatment Protocols
Bonuses: Worth £1275 and you get them FREE
Here's What Students Are Saying...
I was so excited to get started on the training! I was really impressed with the quality and detail in it. Everything is explained in a way even an absolute beginner can understand. The platform is well laid out and easy to use. Petra has the skills to communicate her wealth of knowledge and experience, without it being overwhelming. A truly wonderful course Petra!
Petra's training is excellent! I found it very easy to work through and the lessons were broken down into shorter, manageable videos. I enjoyed the visual aspect as I learn better this way, compared to just all words. The heavy stuff was made easy to understand and digest because of this. And, having an assessment at the end of each module made it easy to keep track of my learning. I feel so much more confident now working with postop patients.
Wait, how does it work again?
Time for a Tour
Take a tour of the training and decide if it's right for you. If it is, then you decide which option fits your needs best.
On our call we get to know each other a bit better. I'm all about building trusting relationships with the people I work with. And, I love being able to guide new therapists through an industry often full of confusing and incorrect information.
Once you've decided on which option works best for you, you get access to your own library via an email link. You can then start your training immediately.Book Your Call
By the end of the training, you will...
- Gain understanding of the lymphatic system, what it is, how it works and how surgery affects it's functioning
- Know the anatomy of the lymphatic system and all relevant drainage pathways
- Be able to confidently explain to your patient exactly how the lymphatic system work
- Fully understand the original Starling's Law of fluid balance
- Understand what the Glycocalyx is and how it affects fluid balance
- Know the revised Starling's Law
- Understand the 3 intentions of Wound Healing
- Understand the 4 phases of Wound Healing and which one is most important to postop therapists
- Learn about scar formation and types of scars
- Be able to explain to your patient about Wound Healing and the Scarring process
- Understand what Fibrosis is, how it occurs and how to help you patient's avoid it.
- Understand individual plastic surgery procedures and how they potentially affect the lymphatic system
- Understand possible complications that might occur after surgery
- Be able to identify common complications and what to do if you encounter them
- Know what to have in preparation for the arrival of your patient
- Know how to bolster and use padding to help with patient comfort
- Understand how compression works and why it's important
- Know what foam to use to help with areas of fibrosis or swelling
- Learn strategies to treat fibrosis
- Be able to confidently perform a postop MLD routine based on a specific procedure
- Know postop lymphatic drainage pathways
- Understand the purpose and function of using K-Tape
- Understand what Lipoedema is
- Know how to support your lipoedema patients pre and postoperatively
- Learn about the LymphaTouch device and it's use with postop patients
- Be able to confidently explain to your patient what treatment/s you will do and why
Some more quotes...
MLD is one thing! Working with postop patients is a whole different ball game. But, after the training my clients could feel the confidence in my touch and the results were... so fast!
Such a great course! Petra is full of knowledge and the content provided is on a professional level. I recommend this training to anyone working with postop patients.